Walks by Sussex Area
Sussex is divided into two counties – East and West Sussex – and the City of Brighton and Hove. The walks are broadly organised by district, though I have combined districts where this makes more sense from a walking perspective.
- Brighton and Hove
- Lewes – also including Seaford, Newhaven and Ditchling
- Wealden and Eastbourne – including Alfriston, Ashdown Forest, Hailsham and Uckfield
- Hastings and Rother – also including Battle, Rye and Bexhill
- Mid Sussex – including Haywards Heath, Hassocks and East Grinstead
- Worthing and Adur -also including Shoreham-by-Sea and Lancing
- Arun – including Arundel, Littlehampton and Bognor Regis
- Chichester – also including Petworth, Midhurst and Goodwood
- Horsham – also including Steyning, Henfield, Crawley and Amberley
The South Downs National Park crosses a number of districts starting from Eastbourne in the east through to Arun in the west.
Ashdown Forest is in Wealden District.